Also known as Fort Peachtree Park, Standing Peachtree is a park at the confluence of Peachtree Creek and the Chattahoochee River.
Standing Peachtree was a Creek Indian village and trading post. An Indian trail ran from south along a ridge line towards what is now downtown Atlanta. This trail later became Peachtree Street, named after the village.
Fort Peachtree was built here in 1814, during the War of 1812. A reconstruction of the fort was built, but is not currently open to the public.
The greenspace here was closed for security reasons surrounding the 1996 Olympics, and was just re-opened to the public in 2014.
Address (approximate): 2715 Ridgewood Rd NW (on the west side of Ridgewood Rd, just north of Peachtree Creek)
Approximate miles of trails: 0.5
Hours: Daylight hours
Miles from downtown Atlanta: 7
Good to combine with:
- Spink-Collins Park
- Whittier Mills Park (post forthcoming)
- Atlanta Memorial Park (post forthcoming)